Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rockstars.

When I asked Griffin if he wanted to wear underwear to nap or if I needed to put a pullup on him I was told... "Rockstars wear underwear, don't wanna pull up." So in case no one else got the memo, Griffin is now a rockstar.

I have been on the search for a place to get my hair done. It has not been an easy search. Most all of my friends aren't really happy with the people that do their hair. And lets face it, I am picky. I expect a lot and so far hadn't been able to find my match. One lady I went to right when we moved here was SO negative and one of the first things she asked me was "Do you hate it here yet?" I had lived here a week and a half. Great huh? And she acted like I was a moron and then when I told her I know what I am asking for I did hair for nine years before moving here she totally changed her tune. Then another lady just didn't mesh with me. I also went to a place in Raleigh that left a lot to be desired in the color and it cost a fortune. Yesterday I went to Fayetteville to this salon that I had found on the internet. It is a fitness center, spa, salon and cafe all together. They offer free childcare when having a spa or salon service done. I called and they had an opening yesterday morning. So G and I headed over. I was a little uncomfortable leaving him at the center since it was very full but it was much less crowded when I went back to get him. He said he had fun though so we will probably do it again. I really liked the girl that did my hair and I am very pleased so far with what was done. I haven't shampooed it myself yet since we are going to try and get some pool time this afternoon. I can never really tell how it is until I get in there and fix it myself. I have quite a lot of highlights, which is what I asked for. I wanted something summery and cheery.

Griffin and I still have allergies. This has gone on for a week now. I went and bought some Claritin today to try. I have tried it before and didn't think it worked for me. But that was in Arkansas. I have had a weird reaction to Zyrtec before so I am not trying it again. Benedryl is leaving me in such a funk. If the Claritin works for me we will give the children's version a shot for G. I haven't worked out in a week and I am feeling like a blob. Very ready to feel better again!!

No comments: