Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rambling thoughts on MJ.

Michael Jackson died this week, along with Farrah Fawsett and Ed McMahon. Both of which are facing much less controversy as they rest in peace. But I have some rambling thoughts on MJ's life and now death. And lucky for me I have a blog to spew them out. And just like my occasional political thoughts you can choose to skip it, to disagree with it. I promise more G filled posts soon. :)

I feel very conflicted on this topic. I wasn't a HUGE fan of his. But I can enjoy a little MJ every now and then. I am a admirer of his innovation, what he was able to accomplish, etc... I was fascinated by his talent, his transformation. Amazed by what a nice looking man he was before he took that transformation. And sad and disgusted everytime they showed him in the last 10 or so years. What the hell happened? And I have always thought it was interesting that when you have that kind of money, no one tells you no. Which is evident everytime you looked at his rapidly changing face. I feel like he had a strange upbringing that led to strange behavior. I feel like that strange behavior, success, money could, could, have led to him being an easy target for allegations. Not saying he didn't do what he was accused, but saying it is possible he didn't do it. I think that the parents of these children are more to blame for the children's lives being affected. If they hadn't been chasing after this "man child" their children would never have been in a situation for anything bad to happen. I would NEVER let my son stay with a stranger, or a famous single man with peter pan issues, or any single man that I didn't "know". I can't really imagine letting my son stay anywhere that isn't family at this point. I know sometime I will have to face this, but I am SO NOT ready to think about sleepovers. I know my parents would never have sent me into that situation. Most parents would never send their kids into a situation like that unless they were looking for something. Whether that be becoming famous, getting rich, or suing someone by allegating something. I think the parents should have been on trial just as much as MJ. Now saying that... the man obviously had issues, he did admit sleeping in the same bed as these children and seeing nothing wrong with it. But... I really think it is possible that is all he did and it set him up for a bad road of allegations making it where no one can fully feel he is free from all guilt. I am sure his own family and close friends have had their doubts in his innocence since his behavior is so far from the norm. But you wonder if he ever had a chance at "norm". I don't think any of us will ever "know" what happened. I hope for the children's sakes that it didn't really happen, but if that is the case, I pray that they are or have separated from the parasites that are their parents. I pray that MJ didn't do that and that he may rest in peace. And if he did do it, I believe he will face the ultimate judgement for what he did. But I do know that I will always relate to being a child of the "We Are The World" generation. And those are my personal thoughts on the situation. On to our regular broadcasting of the Gman on the next post. But not much has been going on with us except we have both been snotty sneezy messes with bad allergies this week.

No comments: