Griffin's new favorite word is "Awesome!". He started saying it yesterday. And it has continued on into today. It is so funny. I will get a video of it, my camera battery is dead. It will have to charge. I am not sure where he got it, I don't really use that word and neither does Jon. He came in our bedroom saying it yesterday afternoon while in the middle of watching Seseme Street, so I am guessing they used it on there. He also says "Oh man!" a lot.
It amazes me sometimes what he has figured out. He was eating some cheeze its in a bowl for snack in his room and came in wanting something else. While he was in there he turned his tv on by himself and was watching PBS. I told him to bring me his bowl and I would put cucumber slices in it. He ran and got it after me asking once. Then just now he asked to watch Blues Clues. I told him to go turn off his tv and I would find a DVRd Blues Clues. He ran in there and turned it off. It seems so crazy that he has picked up these skills in such a short time on this earth. We also should watch less tv around here. He LOVES it. And it makes getting things done around here much easier without a little helper constantly under foot. I do feel guilty though, and wonder in amazement at moms who do not let their kids watch any or very little. I try and make myself feel better since he only watches PBS and Noggin, so he is learning, right? Right? And he still loves to read and play outside, so balance is achieved. Or I hope it is. Nothing like that Mommy Guilt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment