Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Sickly
Yesterday we had a fun day, went to the gym and then went to playgroup later in the afternoon. Left our friends' house and came home the same time as Jon. We decided to go out to eat to the chinese restaurant here so I didn't have to cook. Well we got home and curled up on the couch from our chinese buffet coma. I noticed Griffin felt hot so the next time we changed his diaper and put his pj's on I did the dreaded rectal temp taking. Well it was 101.2. We put his pj's on, Jon was playing with him and flipped his belly and he started crying. He is usually Mr. Tough Guy so we knew something was wrong. Jon felt bad and was holding Griffin (THANK GOD, you will understand why I am happy it was him holding him and not me soon). Griffin started gagging, and I pushed Jon towards the bathroom. As soon as they crossed the threshold into the bathroom, Griffin started throwing up ALL over Jon. It was horrible and smelled even worse and if you know me you know what a sensitive nose I have. I was so thankful it was Jon and not me. Luckily or there would have been two of us throwing up, because I had to concentrate hard and get in Mommy mode so that I wouldn't throw up as it was. The thought of lifting off a shirt that has vomit all over it just makes my skin crawl. I would probably had to have cut my shirts off of me and they are new and it would have made me very sad. After Griffin got done throwing up, we cleaned him up and he just wanted me to hold him. He was so pitiful. He is never sick, he has only had a fever one other time when he was 9 months old and had a double ear infection over Thanksgiving. So I am not use to a sick boy. He was so not himself and lethargic and sad looking. We would ask him if we wanted something to drink, take a lukewarm bath, go to Disneyworld, meet Elmo and it was all this tiny sweet sounding "no". I held on to him for the rest of the night when I wasn't Facebook messaging my pediatrician and other close friend, who is a family doctor here. Thankfully I have these women as friends so I could contact them and feel better. I hate that helpless feeling you get when your kiddos are sick. I held him for a long time and finally got him to take a little Tylenol. FInally he felt cooler and I put him down to sleep. He woke up at 3 burning up and I gave him some more Tylenol and he felt better after holding him for awhile. So I put him down about 4:15 and he slept until 8. He was cooler this morning and acting better and then of course I started feeling crummy. I took a nap when G did this afternoon, which I never do, and laid around all day. I am still feeling worthless but thankfully haven't thrown up. I need to get up and feel better as I have lots of stuff I need to get done before this weekend. We have a fun weekend coming up. Mary and Betty (Jon's mom and grandma) will be here Friday for a long weekend. I hope you all feel good and don't get this yucky bug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment