Oh Sarah, the cake story is a'comin. First thank you! But it was a nightmare. Yes, I made it and let me pass on a little secret... It is not worth it, when Kate turns one...hire it out! I had visions of this cute cake and how sweet and easy it would be. I was delusional, and completely stressed by the time I was finished decorating it, 2 1/2 hours later. Never again, which I probably told Jon a minimum of 30 times yesterday. But he loved it and that is all that really matters, but he'll love a store bought cake next year. :)
The video is so cute. Parker watched 4 times and sang along. He really liked the cake. He said, "Oh! A happy brithday to you tractor cake!" What a great party! Who gave him the giant Ford. I think Luke was jealous of it. :)
We are a Jon and Cara, married for 8 1/2 years. We are the proud parents of almost 3 year old, Griffin, and our 7 year old Golden Retriever, Mabel. Jon and I grew up in Arkansas and now live in Eastern North Carolina. Blogging is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends that we love and miss.
3 comments:
C-U-T-E birthday boy and cake!! Please tell me you did not make that (the cake..ha) but if you did then you should do that for a living! So cute!!
Oh Sarah, the cake story is a'comin. First thank you! But it was a nightmare. Yes, I made it and let me pass on a little secret... It is not worth it, when Kate turns one...hire it out! I had visions of this cute cake and how sweet and easy it would be. I was delusional, and completely stressed by the time I was finished decorating it, 2 1/2 hours later. Never again, which I probably told Jon a minimum of 30 times yesterday.
But he loved it and that is all that really matters, but he'll love a store bought cake next year. :)
The video is so cute. Parker watched 4 times and sang along. He really liked the cake. He said, "Oh! A happy brithday to you tractor cake!" What a great party! Who gave him the giant Ford. I think Luke was jealous of it. :)
Post a Comment