Sunday, March 1, 2009

Embracing 30

Well so I turned 30 today. And I really am ok with it, I think I am better with turning 30 than I am with Griffin turning two tomorrow. I had a great day. I love mornings that start off with all four of us in bed hanging out. Then I woke up and opened a little present from Amy and Christy, two of my friends here, that I was instructed to open first thing. It was a Twilight bookmark with a note about staying young on it and a friendship bookmark. They also included a card and this white mocha coffee mix I love to add to my coffee and have not been able to find at World Market. They must have ordered it online. Also was some cake flour I had not been able to find anywhere. I got teary, it was so thoughtful. Then I made my coffee and Jon made me pancakes. We just hung out and then at 2:30, Lisa, Amy, Christy and Ada came and picked me up. We went to Raleigh and saw "He is just not that into you" at the movie theater and then went to a tapas bar. We had fabulous food and wonderful sangrias that I drank from a wine glass Christy bought me that says 30 all over it. So much fun. I am so grateful that I have such good friends here that made this transition so smooth. Between the birthday cards, calls, texts and messages I have had a fantastic day. Now on to Griffin's big day.

No comments: