Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Confession time...

I have to admit something embarrassing... I am just mailing out my Christmas thank you notes. I wrote most of them back after Christmas and well they got into a pile and were forgotten. Then as I was writing out some more today I had a deja vu moment. I might have sent some out already. So... if you got one from me before and you happen to get another one. Forgive me. If you didn't get one before and thought we were ungrateful, forgive me. If you never get one from me, forgive me. So much for being more organized in the new year. Not that this is an excuse, but I like everyone else on the planet, have too much on my plate. In an effort to have more 'me' time this year, pursueing MY interests and hobbies, I have lost any time to be organized apparently. I seriously need to figure out how to do 112 things at one time to keep it all balanced. But I HATE not having thank you notes sent out and I know some people don't do it. But I feel such guilt that I finally woke up early just to do those before taking G to school today. And if you don't get thank you notes for birthday gifts until the fall please don't think we aren't appreciative. We are, but apparently note writing is not on Jon's radar and until G can write...

These 112 things on my plate has affected my blogging and for that I really am sorry for the few of you out there that really like reading it. And again, not on Jon's radar...

Right now my main focus is finding an agent and/or a publisher for the children's book that I wrote. I found a publisher that is interested but they aren't a traditional publisher and I have decided after much consideration to hold out. I believe in my book and I have a lot of other ideas so I want to do this right. So if anyone knows of a children's publisher, pass it on. : ) Shot in the dark, but it can't hurt. I have been pouring over websites and books and wow there is A LOT of info out there. And a lot of researching. It has turned into a full time job, plus I have a 3rd (gasp) birthday party to plan.

Whew. Blogging overload tonight. Now back to my "Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market" book and watching the American's kick butt. Shaun White and Lindsey Vonn have been incredible tonight.

No comments: