2009 was a great year for us. Jon has continued to enjoy his job, play golf ALL the time and well yeah that is about it. Golf is time consuming. I have enjoyed staying at home with Griffin and Mabel, had great times with friends, planned several parties, had a couple of trips to Arkansas to see family and friends, started crafting and more reading. With my crafting, I am actually contemplating an etsy store, on friends suggesting it. We will see. Started couponing and I have decided to take a break the first of the year. We will live on my stockpile for a few months and then when it goes low I will ramp back up. It is so time consuming and I will just take advantage of really good deals I come across instead. Griffin started preschool, talks ALL the time, plays golf nearly as much as his dad, loves airplanes and trains and anything considered "boy". He is all boy, except every once in awhile he will bring me a stuffed animal and tell me it is his baby and to be gentle. It is sweet. He loves to 'snuggle' and is my cuddle bug. He loves to play with my hair while we snuggle. He is good at potty training and sleeping in his big boy bed. He loves to rock out to music in the backseat of the car. We keep telling him that if he wants muscles like Batman he has to eat his food. It works sometimes. He is a good boy, just very busy. I am hoping for more patience for 2010 to handle the repetition and the Sampson Co accent. I guess he is just guaranteeing his only child status.
It is crazy to me to think this decade is over. It doesn't seem THAT long ago that we were celebrating and stressing over the millennium. But alas it has been 10 years. And I am completely different than I was 10 years ago. 10 years ago I was pretty sure I didn't want kids. Jon and I had just gotten engaged. I was just graduating from cosmetology school and moving to Fayetteville for my first real job. Moving out on my own. So now after planning a wedding, getting married, several more moves, two different salons, deciding I wanted to be a mom, battling infertility, becoming a mom, breastfeeding (yes, it gets its own separate listing), staying at home, here I am. Where to next? What is in store for the future? Only time will tell and I am quite ok with it. I have really tried to take in each moment with G and the blog really has helped me document and remember what is going on, what has happened and where we have been. I am happy, that I know. And really that is what matters. There are things I would for sure like to improve upon, like my weight, and I have plans yet again to work on that. But I have a good family and great friends to enjoy this life with and that makes me happy. That and coffee. I hope you all have had a great 2009 and that you all have a fantastic and blessed 2010. Happy New Year!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cheers!
Happy 2010! I'm glad I have you here to share it with :-)
Amy H.
Post a Comment