Saturday, October 24, 2009

Captain Jack Sparrow O' Lantern

Big boy bed
Big boy bed still in need of bedding.
Silly faces

Captain Jack Sparrow O Lantern at night. Sorry these aren't in order




Scary face


redone table, excuse the mess and the drop cloth that was still under it.
redone dresser. I still want two big galvanized steal buckets for the bottom part
I got these three full size products for FREE for being a blogging mom!
Here are a couple of pictures of my mostly done projects. I have the dresser and table done. I just need to get it organized. It is a nice big spot to work on my coupons which is what I spent a huge chunk of today doing. I also have Griffin's room almost done. I need to get bedding which I am going to hopefully find tomorrow. I want to paint a picture to go next to the guitar one I bought. And I would like to find a coordinating pillow that says rock star or something like that. I found some cute shams here but they would be perfect for his room but they are $40 on clearance shipped and I would have to buy the euro inserts too. When am I going to when that lottery? That I never play.
I did save money with the bed skirt. Instead of buying the transition kit for his bed to make it to a full size we took the metal frame of our guest bed and used it. We had to add bed raisers to make that work. UGLY. So I had to have a bedskirt to hide the ugliness. I looked online and could find nothing, I needed a 19 in drop which they don't make unless you find a custom site. And that would have been expensive. We have a blanket we use to have on our queen size bed that had a hole in it in the center, thanks Mabel. I had kept it to wrap around furniture when we move and slide stuff around when I get the urge to do stuff when Jon is out of town. Well I thought I would try it since it was blue like his new curtains. And wahla! It worked, perfectly. I LOVE moving stuff around and I LOVE when it can save money and recycle. Jon and Griffin carved the pirate and I did the H pumpkin. I think I am going to polka dot the smaller pumpkin.
We are dropping Jon and a friend of his to play golf tomrrow, on the way to Wilmington. G and I are going to Wilmington to find the bedding (hopefully)and maybe go to the beach.

Tonight we asked Griffin what he wanted for Christmas and he told us hammers. Not sure what to make of that. I am thinking we will get him an Artist easle. With as much as he likes to draw I think that will be a great gift. Some of his favorite things to draw are dinosaurs, rocket ships, airplanes and penguins. He is loving school and asks everyday if it is a school day. He is doing really good with his alphabet, colors, numbers and shapes. He hasn't cried in over a week and there fore has been quite rewarded with Twizzlers.

1 comment:

Heather said...

at lowe's in the paint section, they have several sizes of galvonized metal buckets for cheap!