Last weekend we took a long weekend and went to Southern Pines from Thursday until Sunday. We had a great time. Jon played in a couple of USGA golf tournaments. Griffin's highlights were passing over all the choo choo tracks and seeing a train. My highlight was going to the Pinehurst spa and getting a massage. I stayed for 4 hours just relaxing, reading my book, steaming and drinking fabulous strawberry smoothies. I loved it. The nicest spa I think I have been to and I have made my way to many while of trips. It always makes me wonder how many towels a place like that must own. Linens for drying your hands in the bathrooms. And with all the water and smoothies I took in, I alone used countless linens after using the restroom. And fluffy white towels EVERYWHERE. It was fantastic and I can't wait to go back... Jon of course was in golf heaven. We got to eat at Bonefish Grill one night. We all love that restaurant. I usually try to eat different things at restaurants as to not get in a rut but there I always get the Bang Bang Shrimp for an appetizer, Jon loves it too, and for my entree I always get the salmon with the pan asian sauce and the jasmine rice. It is all SO good. I just wish I could recreate it at home. Griffin's other favorite part of our mini vacay was he got to jump on the bed. I don't allow it at home, but when we are there, why not? Not my bed. :)
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Southern Pines
Last weekend we took a long weekend and went to Southern Pines from Thursday until Sunday. We had a great time. Jon played in a couple of USGA golf tournaments. Griffin's highlights were passing over all the choo choo tracks and seeing a train. My highlight was going to the Pinehurst spa and getting a massage. I stayed for 4 hours just relaxing, reading my book, steaming and drinking fabulous strawberry smoothies. I loved it. The nicest spa I think I have been to and I have made my way to many while of trips. It always makes me wonder how many towels a place like that must own. Linens for drying your hands in the bathrooms. And with all the water and smoothies I took in, I alone used countless linens after using the restroom. And fluffy white towels EVERYWHERE. It was fantastic and I can't wait to go back... Jon of course was in golf heaven. We got to eat at Bonefish Grill one night. We all love that restaurant. I usually try to eat different things at restaurants as to not get in a rut but there I always get the Bang Bang Shrimp for an appetizer, Jon loves it too, and for my entree I always get the salmon with the pan asian sauce and the jasmine rice. It is all SO good. I just wish I could recreate it at home. Griffin's other favorite part of our mini vacay was he got to jump on the bed. I don't allow it at home, but when we are there, why not? Not my bed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment