OH MY GOSH!! Never again. That is not the 2nd time this week I have said that phrase. Never again will I decorate a birthday cake and never again will I take a two year old to the doctor's office by myself again. He refused to go in the room, wiggled away from me and started crawling, yes crawling, away. Then when I got him in the room, he refused me when I asked to take his clothes off. So I had to wrestle him to get his clothes off. Wrestle him down to get his length, 33.5 inches. And then listen to him scream while they got his weight, 25.12 lbs. He then screamed and screamed while the nurse was asking me all the questions they ask you. I then held him and got him settled down until his doctor came in. I am friends with her and it is so embarrassing when he acts like a screaming crazy person. Once she was in there, he freaked out again. Didn't want her checking him out and he cried and screamed through the whole thing. He kept saying "shoes on" and "away". He then got his shots and I hate that feeling when he looks up at me and I know he is thinking "WHY, Mommy, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" So very sad!! And then she checks them at 2 for lead by a blood test. And at this age they check your blood by pricking the finger and squeezing and squeezing. They did this at a year and it was horrible. I couldn't do that to him today. And I am not taking him. That sounds like one for Jon to do. I am DONE for awhile.
After I told him we would go get a prize. So we went to Walgreens and he went up and down the isles. He ended up picking a box of Cheese its. Such a funny kid. He is napping right now. I wish he would take some Tylenol since I am sure his legs will be sore, but he is refusing that too. Whew, what a day!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment