Friday, February 20, 2009
Hunger Strike
Griffin is not eating and refusing his antibiotic. We finally got it all in him last night and then he gagged and threw up on me. So much for me being thankful it was Jon the other night. Luckily was not the volume of the other night since he isn't really wanting to eat anything. Basically the only thing he ate yesterday was fries, which was his going to the doctor treat and some apple slices last night. And today I have tried grits, fiber one bar and grapes and nada. Mabel is scoring big time in his food refusal since he throws it on the floor for her to eat. He threw his whole dinner plate, rice, shrimp, cucumber and tomato slices and all on the floor. I tried bribing him with pudding (which he calls honey for some reason) to take his antibiotic and that wouldn't work. I have called the nurse and she is going to talk to our pediatrician for an alternative. Which I am guessing will be a suppository. Never had experience with this so that should be interesting. G might start begging for the other antibiotic. I am trying to clean and get the house ready but Griffin is being a little needy. We pick up Mary and Betty this afternoon. I promise to have pictures or video soon, I know it has been awhile. If anyone has any great tips or hints to getting your toddlers to cooperate with medicine taking please share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment