I am trying to eat better and doing Weight Watchers. Today I baked two loaves of bread in an effort to use my new Kitchenaid mixer. It is very yummy!! Not on WW but I just will have to watch my portions. I made a baked shrimp dish that I got from a friend's WW cookbook. I doctored it up a little and thought I would share in case any of you are looking for new ideas. I am tired of getting in the habit of making the same dishes over and over. So I am going to make an effort to try more new dishes. So occationally there will be recipes if I have something that I think is good and I have time to share it.
Ingredients
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 cup long grain white rice, I always rinse the rice. I have learned it doesn't clump if you do that
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2-3 drops hot sauce (I used more than that)
2 tomatoes, (I used 3 Roma's)
1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, (I used 14 oz bag of frozen already peeled, deveined and de-tailed shrimp I found at Wal-mart)
1/2 t salt (I probably used more than that, I used Kosher)
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
I added a couple of cloves of garlic sliced and a dash of cayenne pepper. I squeezed a little lemon.We like things spicy around here, even Griffin does.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray nonstick on casserole dish and set over med-high heat. I used my new stainless pot so I used a little olive oil before I added the veggies. You will be going from stovetop to oven. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until veggies are translucent. Add the rice, broth and pepper sauce and bring to a simmer. (I will add the tomatoes at this step next time)
Cover, place in oven and bake 20 min. Remove the casserole from the oven. Add the shrimp, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir and place back in oven for 15-20 min. Until shrimp are pink and rice is tender. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until melted and starts to brown. Watch closely. Squeeze on lemon and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings at 8 pts each. But made more than that for us. We had it with salad and bread.
I made the Warm Spinach Salad from that cookbook tonight too. The dressing was sooooooooo good. I thought I would share it too I made a much smaller version of it so I just eye balled it.
So for one serving it was probably
1 T honey
1/2 t dijon mustard
Warm together in skillet until liquefied.
Stir in 1 T red wine vinegarI added salt and pepper I will be using this ALL the time. Hope you all try these and enjoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I need pictures! If you make the shrimp thing again, take a pic and post. I can usually tell if something is doable for me if I have a picture to look at. The dressing sounds SO GOOD!
Post a Comment