Thursday, January 15, 2009

First sentence

Tonight around 5, as I was starting dinner, Griffin decided he wanted chocolate pudding. I had offered him crackers a little earlier to tide hime over, which he refused. Then I offered him cheese, which he refused. So I told him he couldn't have anything until dinner. I then went to change his diaper, which he also wasn't too happy about. I think he must have preferred whining about the pudding. I had him laid down and was changing him when he looked at me and said..."Want my Daddy home now!" I much would have preferred his first sentence to be "I love you , Mommy!" or "Thank you for cleaning up after me, doing my laundry, taking care of all my needs and most of my wants, making me breakfast, lunch and dinner, shopping for groceries, pouring my milk and water." Hey, a mom can hope and dream. He obviously wants to live by the "Eat dessert first" philosophy. And Jon keeps asking if he really said it, and doesn't believe me. Like I would, or could, make that up. He is also saying "Shut up!", which we are trying to curb. I am not sure where he gets that though. Jon usually says "Shut it" and I usually say "Hush" or "Shhhhh". And while we are the subject of words... we bought G some animal flash cards for Christmas. He is really good at them and knows all of them pretty well. Well there is a fox. And evidentually x is hard to pronounce. Soooooo it comes out with a k sound, so it comes out like a bad four letter word, which is so lovely coming from a toddler. I promise to get a video of his flash cards though because it is so cute. You will just have to excuse the questionable language. I will try to get pictures on here soon too. I have been taking some trying to get a really good one for Regis and Kelly's Cutest Kid's Contest. So far, he hasn't been cooperating too well. He has also learned to say "cheese" when getting his picture taken so a lot of his smiles look very staged and pardon the pun, cheesy.

No comments: