
Construction zone with Phoebe

Playing with the gears

After grocery shopping with Phoebe

Playing judge calling order to the court

On the way home after a chocolate chip cookie, smiling and messy in his sleep.
Last Friday Griffin and I went with someone I have met through the Newcomer's Group here in town, Amy, and her daughter ,Phoebe, to Fayetteville. We went to the Children's Museum that they have. It is the best idea, needs more money for better upkeep though. They have different rooms, with props and dress up clothes, for the kids to play with. There was a construction booth, with hard hats and tool belts all the other gear, blocks to build with, and kid tools. There was a post office, with letters and mail boxes. A bank with a teller window, cash drawers, and fake money. A judges chamber with a voting booth and gavel, which Griffin really liked. A phone booth. A grocery store with kid size shopping carts and baskets with fake food and a cash register. A doctors office, a dentist office with a huge set of teeth and big tooth brush. A fire station, with fire truck with a flashing red light and fire pole. An ambulance and a newspaper delivery truck. A military area, a news station with camera and monitors to watch yourself. A puppet show area and dress up area. A magnetic wall with gears that you can move around and connect. He had a great time, running around checking everything out.
Saturday evening Jon and I had the babysitter come, Mrs Sherry, and watch Griffin so we could go see The Dark Knight. It was a good movie, it really made me sad to see what a great talent in Heath Ledger we lost when he died earlier this year. It really hits home since he was our age.
On Sunday, we were invited to go to our friends Liz and Wade's country club. Jon and Wade went golfing and Liz and Addisyn and Griffin and I went walking and then to the pool for the afternoon.
We have been watching a lot of the Olympics. It is so exciting and I am so impressed by all the atheletes. Especially have enjoyed the sychronized diving and the gymnastics and swimming.
Jon left this morning to go out of town for work. He is on his way to Kentucky to visit the plant he is over. Griffin and I will just hang out at home. We are all excited for Chris and Rachel to come visit over Labor Day. Then Griffin and I will head to Fort Smith for a week.

No comments:
Post a Comment