Griffin and I flew to Arkansas on Saturday June 21st. I had to get up a little after 3 am to get ready to leave for the trip. Our flight left at 7 out of Raleigh and the airport is a little over an hour away. We boarded and then Griffin preceded to be a pain. He did not want to sit still on my lap. He did not want me to hold him, hold his feet down from kicking the chair in front of me. Needless to say we were both in tears before the drinks were served.
We arrived in Fort Smith in one piece by 11 am. Grandma and Granddad Heard and Pop and Gigi were waiting for us at the airport. We went to Grandparents Heard's house and met Pop and Gigi and Erin and Parker for lunch. Parker and Griffin played pretty good together. They were both a little tired though. They really enjoyed playing on Granddads lawn mower, "tractor". My friend Christi came over a little later to see Erin, me and the boys. After Erin and Parker headed home Griffin played in the kiddie pool Grandma had got for him.
Sunday we went to church. Griffin and I spent the whole thing in the room when you enter the church because he was loud and yet again didn't like being held down to be still. Loads of fun. Then we took him to the park and let him swing and go down the slides. Sunday evening we went to Pop and Gigi's for dinner. Griffin got to see Aunt Lu and his Great grandparents. He liked going on rides on Pop's tractor. "Tractor" is one of his favorite words right now. He went skinny dipping at Pop and Gigi's in their kiddie pool because we didn't have any water diapers.
Monday and Wednesday Griffin spent with his Great grandma Betty. I got a little time by myself. Which was nice. Tuesday we met Christi and Angie for lunch at Rolando's. What I wouldn't give for a Rolando's in Clinton, NC.
On Thursday evening Mary Carolyn, Julie, Stephen, Elena and Kaitlyn arrived at Mary and Don's house. It was great to see them all and to welcome Kaitlyn to Arkansas. We then took G to Pop and Gigi's and went to dinner with Chris and Rachel at this great restaurant 21 West End.
Friday we went to the West End Park with the Chambers and Grandparents Heard. Griffin and Jon rode the carousel and Jon and I rode the ferris wheel. It is a cute little park. Then Friday night we all went to Outback. Griffin stayed overnight with Pop and Gigi.
Saturday my mom, Leslie, Griffin and I went to Joe's Pizza and Pasta. I think it is pretty new. We got the lasagna pizza. So so good. Leslie cut and colored my hair. She did a really good job. Sat night Griffin stayed overnight with his Grandma and Grand dad.
Sunday Grandma Betty cooked my favorite, chicken fried steak. It was excellent. Saturday night she brought over chocolate covered strawberries, my other favorite. It was a good food weekend.
Monday we left to come home. Griffin really enjoyed the trip. He missed Mabel a lot though. And she was very glad to see us when we went to pick her up. On Tuesday he slept until 9:30 and all the rest of the week he slept until 8:30. This morning he slept until after 10. I finally went and checked on him and me shutting the door back woke him up. He was tired from playing yesterday and staying up and watching fireworks. He jumped so high when the fireworks first started since he had no way of knowing what was about to happen. He cane running up to me and hugged me so tight. His little heart was beating so so fast. He would snuggle up to my neck and then cut his eyes toward the fireworks. Then if he saw us looking at him he would hide again. Finally by the end he warmed up to it and was watching. It was a great party for G, there were balloons, bubbles, a great yard to run around in, a swing and people to entertain. Griffin is intrigued by Grandfather clocks, as his Grandfather Heard has one and is great grandmother Nana has one too. We went to a party last night for Fourth of July and the people who had it had one too. He just stares at them and can not figure what it is all about. And his love of tractors is ongoing. We went to Raleigh today and he got a new CAT one that makes noises. He really likes it. He was really really good today. I hope the being better in public is a trend. I NEED it to be a trend that sticks around. I promise to post the pics from the trip soon. I haven't had time yet and it takes awhile. I thought I should post an update though.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment