Sunday, January 17, 2010

Been busy.

Sorry it has been awhile since I have updated. I have been busy trying to create items for my etsy site, Letter Me This. I also have been busy being mom. Jon was gone all last week and well... Griffin was a handful. As usual. The two weekends before Jon left we actually had him at home. It was too cold for him to golf. And that is really saying something. I am not sure I remember two weekends in a row that he hasn't golfed since... he started golfing. He plays rain, cold, wind. He is crazy!! But it was nice to have him home and he was less mopey than normal. :)Last Sunday I went with a friend to Wilmington for a Mom Day O Fun. It was great, we ate at a really good Italian restaurant and then went for pedicures. Much needed pedicures.

Then while he was gone I had the Newcomers over for a potluck on Wednesday night, had Amy and Logan over Thursday morning so that Amy could take better pictures of my etsy products. We went to Amy's house on Thursday night for pizza and a movie, that the kids didn't watch. They were way too busy playing. Friday was Donuts for Dads at preschool which Jon missed. Luckily Griffin didn't realize what it was all about. Next year Jon will have to make sure to be in town. Kids will be talking too much by then. And Jon got back Friday night and we were all very glad to see him.

Now for a couple Griffin stories. Last weekend Griffin had just had his milk for the night and came into my closet where I was putting clothes away. He jumped up and said "Hear that?, Hear that?, Hear that?" He was listening to the liquid in his belly slosh around. It was really funny.

He has been a rockstar a lot lately. Playing his guitar and stomping around and head banging and hollaring. We was rocking out this morning and yelled "Thank you!". So I taught him to say "Thank you Clinton!". It is hilarious! I have a video I am going to try and upload sometime today. It takes forever to upload videos to youtube. But I will try.

Then this morning Jon cooked a big breakfast and told Griffin to come wake me up nicely. G came into the bed snuggled up to me and said, "Mommy, wake up. Breakfast is ready." Then he stood up and pointed at me and said, "You are hungry." I asked for a hug and he hugged me and said, "Mommy you are beautiful." Sweetest way to wake up ever.

1 comment:

Amy and Jerry said...

what an awesome way to wake up! What a sweetie!!