








We have been super busy around here. Jon was out of town all last week. Griffin and I went to get his second dose of flu shot. He did SO good. No tears again! We both got Thomas the train stickers, Griffin is modeling his in the pictures. For his treat we baked brownies and made green eggs and ham. He loves that book and always asks for them after we are done reading. SO I decided we would just do it. It didn't look the most appetizing to me but he loved the green ham. He isn't a huge egg eater anyway so the green eggs only got a bite or two. It was fun though.
I have been working on some crafty Christmas presents for some friends and getting ready to do a get together that I planned to go see the new Twilight movie, New Moon. A group of 12 of us are riding a bus, that my friend owns through her restaurant. We have hired a driver to take us all up there to eat and see the movie. So fun. So I made little favors for the girls to have once they get to my house. Fun times. I am so thankful to have such great and fun friends that are always up for doing something silly. I have also been starting to do some Christmas shopping and figuring out what we are getting for Griffin. I think we are going with something to encourage our budding artist.
We had a garage sale last weekend. Every single time I have one I always think I am not doing it again. They are SO much work. But we made around 400 dollars which I really needed to refill my closet since I got rid of SO much stuff. Several months ago, maybe even a year ago, I turned all my hangers backwards and then as I wore things I put the hangers forward. I then got rid of (almost) everything that had not been turned and therefore not been worn. It was a good method to follow and one that I have started again. So next year I can have another purge. The garage sale was SO weird. At first we really didn't sell all that much and had SO much left at the set closing time. So I kept it open and about an hour after the scheduled closing time a woman shows up and offers to buy all of G's stuff if I will give her a good price. I ended up selling her all of G's stuff that was left for $50. Which was a GREAT price but I sure didn't want to load it all back up and put it away. I also told her to take all the glass ware and houseware stuff for free that she wanted. Well then 2 more vans full of people show up. I sold more then too. I left and went to Wilmington to shop and have some alone time after being at home all week without Jon. Jon called and told me that he had sold 30 more. Then on Sunday morning he sold 20 more. It was the weirdest thing. So we sold around 200 during the sale and about 200 more after the sale should have been over. Jon and I celebrated by having a date night on Sunday night. We went to a new restaurant and to see a movie. It has been awhile since we have done that.
Griffin has been doing really well about going to the potty by himself, to pee. He does a fairly good job and isn't too messy too often and it saves us from getting up every 5 minutes to take him. He likes to be rewarded with a high 5.
This weekend we took Griffin to a 4 year old girl's bday party. It was at the skating rink in town. Pretty much they just ran around to the music and after one another. It was a good time. I think Jon and I are leaning toward a dance party for Griffin's next birthday. Well a robot dance party. I already bought plates and napkins with robots on them when I saw them at the dollar spot at Target. They are so cute and cheap and perfect. I also did some good bargain shopping today at CVS, Riteaid and Walgreens but with all my balls up in the air I decided not to share them. It has been hard enough to keep the blog going with all my current distractions. And we still haven't cleared all the stuff out of the garage.
Jon's cousin, Stephen, and his wife, Elena, had their baby Saturday morning. Elena has had a high risk pregnancy and the birth went really well. There have been some setbacks and little Carolina had to have emergency surgery today. We are thinking of them all the time and praying for a quick recovery for Carolina and praying for no more setbacks. This little baby has had to fight way too much in her young life. Life needs to get a little easier for all of them. Please keep them all in your prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment