Friday, May 1, 2009

This week.

Don got to go home from the hospital yesterday. They kept him in the hospital to run tests, but couldn't run the tests because his potassium levels were too low. After running the tests the only problem they could find was his potassium had been too low. I know he is glad to be out of there.

Jon was gone to Virginia for meetings Monday through Wednesday. Griffin and I have been busy going to the gym. I am really trying to be extra good and I do atleast an hour of cardio everytime we are there. I have been really trying to eat better and watch my portions and cut out snacking.

This swine flu is really damaging the pork industry for no good reason. The media isn't helping considering that while they are talking about the swine flu, they show shots of pork in the grocery store. That really makes me angry. Since our entire income comes from the pork industry it makes me so nervous. So I encourage everyone to go out and purchase pork products when you go out to eat this weekend or when you purchase your groceries for next week. Smithfield brand especially. But Smithfield is a parent company to several other brands so just support the pork producers right now. There are few companies that are USA made left in America so I urge you to support are nations pork farmers and producers.

We have been working on the potty. I know with all that Griffin "gets" that he is ready to start this process. If I didn't think he was ready I wouldn't push it. But he is a smart boy and I know he can do it. But he is stubborn, he comes by that very honestly having Jon and me as parents. We are in for some struggles!! So far it isn't happening easily. He has a longer attention span that I do. We sat on the potty for over an hour yesterday waiting for him to go after his nap. He drank his milk on it, had some juice, read nearly every book he has, watched Jon mow the yard. He then stood up and cried and peed all over the floor. Very frustrating. I know he is young but people use to get potty trained early and I do not want a 3 1/2 year old still in diapers. I am tired of the diapers, tired of changing them, tired of buying them.

Today we are going to my friend Amy's house for lunch and playing with a couple other of our friends. Should be fun. Amy has a playhouse with slide and swing set so it a play haven. Tomorrow we will go to little Logan's 1st birthday party, which will be fun too. Jon is in a golf tournament this weekend. On Sunday a bunch of my friends are coming over for pizza and game night, a girl's night in. I bought a game "Say Anything" that looks like it will be fun to play with a group. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: