Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This week so far...

Today was super busy. I took G to the dentist because I had been concerned that his teeth were looking yellow near the gum line. I probably looked like a crazy overbearing mom. They said he was perfectly fine and I had nothing to worry about. But atleast he had a good first experience and it went much better than going to see his doctor. He remembers where he gets shots. The boy is no fool. He loaded up on little prizes. We then headed over to my friend Christy's for coffee and talking(for me) and playing (for Griffin). It was good to see her, I was out of town and then she was. Our friend Ada (G's pediatrician) also joined us with her daughter. We then headed home, had lunch and then G napped. I had to wake him up because he was still sleeping when our regular playgroup time had started. We got to Jessica's and played with Austin and Addisyn. The others were a little sickly today. Here are a couple of pictures I got of Griffin and his friends.



Then tonight Griffin had a comb and came over to comb my hair. He combed it and then patted me on the head and said "Better." I told him I was so sorry if I had taken him all around his friends today with bad hair, he obviously felt the need to make it all better. Do I have another stylist in my future? He later went over and combed Mabel and then Jon and told them the same thing. He must have THE touch.

Last night we fixed waffles with whipped cream, fried potatoes, eggs and bacon for dinner. Not good on the diet but very yummy! Griffin LOVED the whipped cream. So when we did our nightly prayers we made sure to thank God for whipped cream. He is so cute when he puts his hands together to pray. We always thank God for the friends we see that day and family members and anything special he really enjoyed that particular day. So sweet! We just recently started doing it since I wasn't sure if he would really get it. I think it is such a great way to reflect on our day.

On Sunday we went to Raleigh. Checked out a couple of parks. I have pictures that I can't get off of my cell phone onto blogger. Weird. Anyway... we went on a little nature walk. We were walking and Griffin started freaking out and practically climbed up me. I thought "Oh no, he must have saw a snake." Yeah, he freaked out over a worm. It was a weird, squirming worm... but still just a worm! Very funny for us though. Atleast I don't have to worry about him putting worms in his pocket for me to find later.

1 comment:

Sarah and Brad said...

Hee hee...the worm story cracked me up!

And praying for whipped cream??...absoulutely precious!!

He is such a cute little guy and at such a fun age!