Friday, April 10, 2009

Busy week.

We got back from Wilmington on Sunday night. Then on Monday I had Junior Women's dinner. We awarded the scholarship to a Senior and held a college shower for her. It was a good night and I think we made a really good choice on the winner. She is sweet girl who plans on going pre med at UNC. Then Tuesday we went to the gym and had playgroup. Tuesday was such a good day. There was no whining, no timeouts, no getting in trouble. He played really good all day, was really good at playgroup and was just really pleasant all day. It was a fantastic mommy day for me. I much prefer those days to the others, which unfortunately come way more often these terrible twos days. Wednesday I had dentist appointment and Newcomers dinner. Thursday we went to the gym and I was so exhausted from traveling and going nonstop for so long that I napped. I rarely ever nap and I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Today we had a very lazy day and did mostly nothing. Right now I have a big shortbread cookie, in the shape of a cross for Easter, baking in the oven. Tomorrow we are headed to Raleigh to take some of Griffin's clothes to Once Upon a Child and to eat dinner. We are going to go somewhere new so I need to do a little research. Sunday we are going to go to church and then I am going to make Easter dinner. Not quite sure what yet, I am thinking a roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and sauteed spinach. I might make some homemade bread. I just LOVE my kitchenaid mixer.
A couple of cute notes on Gman. He has figured out that if he carries his one thick animal book around and puts it on the ground, steps up on it and reaches... he can turn the light switches on and off. If we are upstairs he uses his golf club. Quite the engineer already. And quite an energy waster!
While we were upstairs today going through his old clothes and baby things he found this little bear. He picked it up and held it like a baby and told me "Shh... baby". Then he found a little baby hat of his and tried to put it on the little bear. It was cute. He carried it around for awhile and somehow ended up snagging it on something and it got a tear and we had to throw it away. It had a bunch of little hard balls stuffing it. Not too baby or child safe.

No comments: