Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Attn: Dog Lovers

I was just watching the news and there was a story of a woman in Raleigh who nearly lost her dog because he had eaten a half pack of sugarless gum. Apparently xylitol is toxic in dogs. And then the woman was talking about how she new chocolate, raisins and grapes were all toxic in dogs and that those were all well publicized. And then of course I had to go google that. I had NO IDEA about raisins and grapes. I knew about chocolate and that dairy isn't good for dogs. Did any of you know about raisins and grapes? Griffin just gave Mabel a bunch of raisins this morning. Luckily she seems fine and I know he has given her grapes before. But I wanted to warn those of you who hadn't heard that. Mabel gets a lot of food from G and it is next to impossible to keep them from "sharing". But I am going to try and keep a better eye out when these foods are eaten around here now. Of course grapes and raisins are favorites of G's so this will add quite a bit to my supervising workload.

No comments: