I have had a great day today. I have been on a hunt for Griffin a table and chair set for a long time now. Since he started coloring occasionally and then continuously in the last couple of months. Well hadn't found anything just quite right and was contemplating a pretty ugly and generic plastic set at Bed Bath and Beyond. But it just wasn't me at all. We were going to stop at Lowe's last night to see if they had anything that would work. I am getting desperate since I really wanted it before I hosted the new playgroup on Tuesday. Griffin was fussy after we left Walmart so we didn't stop. Well this morning my neighbor calls me, the good one not the rude one, and asks if I wanted a table for Griffin. It is like she was reading my mind. She told me she ran into Lowe's yesterday to go to the bathroom. On her way out she passed the clearance section and saw a kidsize table with two chairs. White and dark wood. Originally 140.00 and it was marked to 68.00. She noticed a slight problem in the corner and asked if they would take less for it. They told her 50.00. Well she slept on it and woke up and decided she really didn't have a place for it, Emma Grace was about to outgrow it, but she hated to return it when she got such a good deal on it. Well needless to say I hurried right over there to look at it. So I am buying it from her and now I have a cute table and chair set for Griffin that we put upstairs with the ballpit. I would love to find two more small chairs. I am putting it out in the universe, hoping someone will call me with two chairs! :) Hey, it worked last time! I was SO excited. Then I took a long bath while Griffin napped. I love baths but don't take the time often enough to really enjoy it.
Later this afternoon I met a couple of friends of mine at 3 and we went to Cary, near Raleigh, to shop a little, eat at Bonefish Grill(a favorite) and go see the Twilight movie. I read the series a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it. I became obsessed with it. I am not sure you can read it and not become obsessed. It is like a drug. It is the strangest premise about teenage vampires and werewolves and so good. Not my usual genre. The movie was so very cheesy. We laughed so hard through the whole thing. It was kind of like a spoof it was so funny. And it is not suppose to be a comedy. I loved it though. I needed a really good laugh. I am also trying to plan something for my 30th with my new friends here. I want to do something fun and just for me. We talked about it tonight that it would be fun to have a girl's overnight trip to Wilmington and eat and drink and have a great time. Now if I can get Jon onboard. (HINT, hint dear.) I am losing all subtlety as I age. And I came home to another friend emailing me to go to have a pedicure tomorrow. Which I need in a bad way. So all in all a near perfect day. I need to wind down now so I can go to bed as it is almost 1 am.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment