So fun how colds are catching. Jon is starting to feel sick and even Mabel has a runny nose.
I had a very eventful day yesterday. I woke up to an email that said our Christmas flight to Fort Smith was changed... and sorry for the inconvience. Yeah, what they didn't say is they totally screwed our plans up. We were initially leaving Raleigh Christmas eve morning early, going through Atlanta, and arriving in Arkansas by 11:30am. It was perfect as we would be in FS in plenty of time for all the holiday celebrations. The new schedule would have us leaving early from Raleigh, getting to Atlanta by 9 am and not leaving Atlanta until almost 7 pm and arriving in Arkansas late Christmas eve night. Not going to work and spending the entire Christmas eve day with a one year old in an airport. I don't think so. Then they had us going back Sunday the 28th at 6 am. Getting to Atlanta and staying all day at the airport AGAIN and not getting to Raleigh until 6 pm. Again NOT going to work. We were suppose to leave FS around 11:30. So I called up Delta and was determined not to get off the phone with them until is was taken care of. I reached a nice man named "Shawn". I say "Shawn" because he was clearly a man in India and do not think his parents named him Shawn. I told him of my problem and he tried finding me something else for that day. There was nothing. I asked if there was something for the day before Christmas day. Turns out there was. We leave early Tues morning, go through Atlanta, and are in Fort Smith by noon. A full 24 hours before our original trip would have had us there. And our return trip instead of leaving at 6 we leave at noon and are in Raleigh by 6 pm. SO it worked out for the better, even if I had a small panic attack before calling. And the ironic thing is that we originally tried to book the tickets for Tuesday when we booked these tickets in July. They were around 800 dollars a peice though. So we scrapped that idea and decided to fly on Christmas eve to save a lot of money. Now I just pray they don't cancel these flights.
Then the day only got worse. I put Griffin in the bath tub. He was playing away and then I heard my phone in the other room and ran and got in to check the text message from Jon. Came back to Griffin standing in the tub reaching out for me. I told him to get back in the tub and sit on his hiney. And he kept reaching for me telling me no. I got closer and saw why. He had pooped all in the tub. It was so GROSS. I have been told it would happen and oh did it. ugh. I will spare you the details, but it was so disgusting. Fun times.
Needless to say I was so glad for yesterday to be over with. He also had a couple of rounds in the naughty chair.
Today we decided we needed to get out of the house. Jon was going to Smithfield, NC to play at a golf course and they have a really big outlet mall there. So G and I decided to tag along. We went for brunch at Cracker Barrel, which Griffin loved. He ate so good, his favorite was the grits and he really liked the ham too. Then we dropped Jon off and went shopping. Griffin was really good and even fell asleep in his stroller, which he rarely does now. He makes me so proud when he is a good boy and everyone comments on how cute he is. He makes me proud all the time, but especially when he isn't embarrassing me. :) And the shops were overwhelming at how cute everything is. He really doesn't need too much, although he did need some lounging clothes. So I got several sweatpant, windpant kind of clothes. And the cutest black corderoy overalls. I probably should have bought some Christmas clothes, I am just having trouble getting into the Christmas mood right now. After Halloween, I can focus on that.
Well I have sneezed about 12 times during the typing of this. Hopefully this will pass soon.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment