Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Debate commentary

Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Eye Roll, Smirk, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink, Shampoo, Rinse, Repeat.

I feel it is so disrespectful to the American people to show that behavior, especially at his age. I am tired of getting anti-Obama emails that are full of lies. I am tired of seeing and hearing "jokes" that are full of hate and predjudice. I am tired of seeing political ads, that are swayed and negative. I wish politicians couldn't name the other candidate in their commercials. I think they should only say what they plan to do, nothing else.

I had two political calls today and numerous political ads in my mail today. I am not sure if there is just more of this going on this year or if it is because I am in a what some are calling a swing state. Although I don't see how that is possible as all I see around here are McCain Palin signs.

I may be swayed as I am so invested in this and have clearly made my decision. But to me it seemed obvious that Obama took this debate. That McCain blew up and could not control his emotions. He knew he was drowning and couldn't save himself. McCain had a few good lines. He seperated himself from Bush with his "I am not Bush" comment. He should have done that a long time ago. I also feel Palin cost McCain this election more than anything else. That also could be me being swayed as I can NOT stand her. I was fairly undecided before his decision to have her as his running mate. I was for Hillary and hadn't made up my mind on Obama. Palin did it in and the debates have concreted it for me. McCain is not for me or my views.


Something I am glad that Obama said and I have said a million times. Pro choice is NOT pro abortion. The way I equate this theory, if I get raped I want the CHOICE to have an abortion. Would I go through with it, I don't know. I want the CHOICE. I would, if I am right mind, take a morning after pill. Is it a favorable situation, hell no. But it is something women are faced with everyday. I do not understand how that can be up for debate. My body, my choice. Have I had more trouble with this issue since having Griffin, yes. But it all boils down to basic rights over your body. If someone forcibly takes over my body and then I am left with going through a pregnancy that was unwanted, unwarranted. I can not agree with that, under any circumstance. Do I believe life begins at conception, I think so. But do I think that means everything must change for me when I was not in control of a situation, no. Do I think children should be taught sex education and options for birth control as well as abstinence, yes. Abstinence is important, although it is impractical. They aren't doing it, so prepare them for other situations. Should the state, or government have to do this, no. Parents should, but they don't in a lot of cases, so someone needs to. Is it ideal, NO. Is life or government or schools or parenting ideal, NO. Abstinence only, didn't work for Palin's family and it won't work for the country.

Ok enough ranting for tonight. Need to chill out and head to bed.

No comments: