Thursday, September 11, 2008

We are back home.

Griffin and I got back last night after a week in Fort Smith. We had a good time, but boy are we all tired today. We picked Mabel up from the vet where she had been boarded and she about ripped my arm off trying to get out of there.

Jon is still in Iowa and will get back late tomarrow night. He is taking a class at Iowa State for work. We are all ready to see him. This is the longest we have been away from each other. It will be 10 days. And I hate that there is another one on the horizon. He will be going to the plant he is over in Kentucky at the end of this month into the first part of October. But he should be in town for awhile after that.

We flew into Fort Smith Tuesday evening with Chris and Rachel. Wednesday, Thursday and Tuesday Griffin stayed with his Great Grandma Betty. I was able to sleep in as Mary took him on her way to work. I had a pedicure, massage and facial during those much needed days to myself. I have always enjoyed "Cara" time and I don't get much of that anymore. On Friday, my mom and Leslie took off of work and we had a nice day together. On Saturday my grandparents came over before I went to Fayetteville to a wedding and got see Sara and Jill, my old roommates, and the other people that I worked with at The Headwaiter. It was great to see them. I miss them all so much and that time in my life seems like so long ago and like it was yesterday all at the same time. It is weird how that happens.

Sunday Betty cooked and I was able to enjoy some yummy chicken fried steak. Then Don, Mary, G and I went and met Roma, Barbara, Marilynn and Miranda for pizza to visit. It was nice to see all of them too. It worked out great that Roma and Barbara happened to be in the Fort the same time Griffin and I were. Griffin showed out for them all, of course.

Monday my mom had off again and we went and visited Nana and Mimi and Papal. We headed home Wednesday after a week of tractor rides and shuffling back and forth between everywhere. Griffin even woke up one night, sat straight up at 3 in the morning and said wide eyed "TRACTOR!" and laid back down and went to sleep. He must even be dreaming of tractors. My dad took him on countless rides over the time we were there. So funny.

We flew home yesterday. The worst flight ever. Oh he was so very bad. We were both in tears. It was so embarrassing and frustrating. Glad to be home. He is still being pretty bad, we have to hunker down and get back into our routine.

No comments: